GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- The wearing of masks and gloves by staff members and participants is not mandatory but is certainly welcome if you so choose. If worn, masks should cover the nose and mouth at all times and gloves should be changed out regularly. The use of gloves does not negate the necessity of regular hand washing.
- All persons should maintain a personal distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times.
- At this time, all classes are limited to 20 participants and participants will be broken-up into smaller groups of 8 or less including up to 2 coaches per group.
- Participants will remain with the same cohort for the entire class.
- Participants are only allowed to use their own equipment (clubs and balls). Sharing of equipment between participants is not allowed.
- BRING A WATER BOTTLE AND SNACKS. Participants will not be allowed to go to the course clubhouse during classes to purchase drinks and snacks.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Wear a cap or visor for head and eye sun protection.
Participants are not allowed to participate in Golf & Life Skills Experience classes while experiencing any of the following symptoms, which may be related to COVID-19.
- Persistent, untreated coughing
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or has a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Having known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 within a 14-day period.
Participants who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or have had a lab confirmed test for COVID-19 may not participate in Life Skills Experience classes until the following criteria have been met.
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications); and
- the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and
- at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Permission to return must be granted from the Executive Director or Program Manager.
Participants who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 but have not tested positive for the virus may immediately participate in programming by obtaining a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for participation based on a negative nucleic-acid COVID-19 test and an alternative diagnosis.
Participants participating in classes should minimize in-person contact with any person 65 years of age or older, especially those with pre-existing health conditions, for a period of 14 days. This includes maintaining social distancing of at least 6 feet of separation from those individuals, wearing a face covering or mask, and avoiding sharing utensils or other common objects with those individuals.General Policies COVID 2020 Safety Protocols